Vegan Toddler Apple and Cinnamon Pastries
Hello! I’ve been playing around with a recipe for a while, and have perfected it so thought I better write it down before I forgot. These pastries started off as a What Mummy Makes recipe, but gradually got more and more different from the original!
Everything in these delicious apple and cinnamon pastries should be suitable for toddlers to eat, and they’re vegan!
Ingredients for Vegan Toddler Apple and Cinnamon Pastries
- 1x sheet vegan puff pastry
- 2x apples (or 3 if they’re small!)
- 2tbsp plain flour
- 2tsp vanilla essence
- 2tsp cinnamon powder
- 50g raisins
Method for Vegan Toddler Apple and Cinnamon Pastries
- Preheat your oven to 180 degrees
- Line a baking tray with grease proof paper
- Roll your pastry out on a clean dry chopping board
- Grate your apples down to the core into a large bowl
- Mix in all of your other ingredients and give it a good stir. The consistency should be ‘spreadable’ but not too wet
- Use a spoon to spread your apple mix out all over your pastry. Try and spread it as evenly as possible
- Carefully roll up your pastry into a long sausage. You need to roll it in the way that leaves your sausage the longest!
- Using a serrated knife, carefully cut slices about an inch thick from your pastry sausage and transfer them to your lined baking tray. Make sure you leave some space around each pastry as they will grow!
- Pop in the oven for 10 mins and then take them out and flip them over
- Put the pastries back in the oven for another 10-15 minutes, or until golden on both sides
- Cool and enjoy!