Sugar Free Pumpkin Spice Muffins – Baby & Toddler Muffins
Hallowe’en, and a subsequent pumpkin picking session in a very muddy field left me with two enormous pumpkins this year. They were quite happily rolled around and explored in my front room by the babies, but there came a point where I was sick of tripping over them.
In my wisdom, I decided to cook the pumpkin flesh before actually finding a recipe (rookie error, make sure you have a recipe first!).. and then struggled to find what I needed. I was dead set on making baby friendly pumpkin muffins, but could not for the life of me find a sugar free recipe! In the end, I ended up developing my own which turned out brilliantly, so thought I’d share it here.
These are soft, sugar free muffins that I’ve made to have a carrot cake vibe.
Makes 8(ish) muffins
- 150g Self Raising Flour
- 150g whole milk (yes, g, not ml!)
- 1tsp baking powder
- 2 eggs
- 50g grated carrot
- 100g pumpkin purée
- 1tsp ground cinnamon
- 1tsp ground nutmeg
- 1tsp ground allspice
- 2tbsp golden syrup (optional)
- A little butter or oil to grease your muffin tins
- preheat your oven to 180(fan)
- Grease your muffin tin
- Give your ingredients a really good mix up
- Pour your mixture into the muffin tins and pop it in the oven for 15-20 minutes, or until a knife comes out clean!
Please let me know if you try this recipe and how you get on!